ABC Tri-Cities and our local sponsors Tri-Cities Honda Dealers: Bill Gatton Honda, Johnson City Honda, and Honda Kingsport are pleased to announce the winner of our Idol Ticket Giveaway. She is getting an opportunity of a lifetime!
Jessica Garber, of Kingsport, is the lucky winner of our contest.
She will receive:
- two (2) tickets to American Idol Finale (which will occur on Monday, May 21)
- two (2) plane tickets to Los Angeles,
- hotel accommodations (double occupancy) for two (2) nights (check in on Sunday, May 20 and check out on Tuesday, May 22)
- and $100 for expenses and ground transportation
ABC Tri-Cities began the contest on Wednesday, April 11 and ended it on April 26.
Participants had an opportunity to enter the contest daily.
Scroll down to enter and to see the official rules below for details.
ABC Tri-Cities Idol Ticket Give-a-way
1. Sponsors. This Contest, ABC Tri-Cities Idol Ticket Give-a-Way, (“Contest”) is sponsored by WJHL (“Station”), 338 East Main Street, Johnson City, TN 37601 and Local Sponsors, Johnson City Honda, 2806 N Roan St, Johnson City, TN 37601; Honda Kingsport, 2217 E Stone Dr, Kingsport, TN 37660; and Bill Gatton Honda, 2130 Volunteer Pkwy, Bristol, TN 37620. (collectively, the “Sponsors”). This Contest is void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor(s), which shall be final and not subject to appeal.
This local Contest is NOT sponsored by American Idol. Local winners in this Contest are not guaranteed any appearance on American Idol. Details regarding American Idol auditions and its terms and conditions are available at: www.americanidol.com.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter. The Contest is open to permanent legal U.S. citizens residents who reside within WJHL-TV’s viewing area and who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Current or former employees of WJHL, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, the other Sponsors, the other television and radio stations and multichannel video programming distributors in WJHL viewing area, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies (including anyone who prepares and/or distributes contest materials), and the immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of all the foregoing are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
Participants are eligible to win a WJHL contest or sweepstakes only once every 30 days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes. Participants are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months. Text, data, or messaging rates may apply.
3. Entry. This Contest will accept entries beginning at 7:00 A.M on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 and ending at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, April 26, 2018. To enter the Contest, entrants must visit http://www.wjhl.com/idol-ticket-give-a-way and fill out the entry form. Entrants must include their name, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth in order to enter. Incomplete or non-conformimg entries will not be considered. During the submission of the initial entry, participants may have an opportunity to earn one (1) additional entry online. Additional entries are available to any entrant that elects to watch one (1) 30-second sponsor-related video. The video review will render an additional entry opportunity. In addition, all entrants can go to any of the three Local Sponsors’ locations to enter the sweepstakes by filling out an entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, April 26, 2018. Multiple entries per person will be accepted.
Sponsors are not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions, busy signals, hang-ups, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, or late, lost, failed, illegible, incomplete, garbled or deleted entries, transmissions, or voicemails or other network or technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or online entry, or for printing errors in any advertisement, entry form, or the rules.
Any automated or computer-generated entries, fake or duplicate identities, spam, or improper techniques (as determined by Sponsors) will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the validity, completeness, or number of entries submitted by an individual or the identity of the authorized account holder of an e-mail address, phone number, or social media profile shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. The Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who acts in a disruptive, harassing, vulgar, or unsportsmanlike manner, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest (electronic or otherwise) or if technical difficulties (e.g. infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors) compromise the security, fairness, integrity or administration of the Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right to void the entries at issue and/or modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted online at www.wate.com. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize(s). There will be one (1) winner in this Contest. On Friday, April 27. 2018, the eleven (11) finalists will be selected by a random drawing. WJHL-TV will notify the finalists that same day (Friday, April 27, 2018). On Monday, April 30, 2018, each of the eleven (11) finalists are required to be at Johnson City Honda, located at 2806 N Roan St, Johnson City, TN 37601, at 6:00 p.m. Then at 6:30 p.m. on the same day, ABC Tri-Cities (WJHL-TV) will draw a winner on live television. The winner will receive two (2) tickets to American Idol Finale (which will occur on Monday, May 21), two (2) plane tickets to Los Angeles, hotel accomodations (double occupancy) for two (2) nights (check in on Sunday, May 20 and check out on Tuesday, May 22), and $100 for expenses and ground transportation. Travel expenses may vary and any surplus funds, not used expressly for travel will be returned to the Sponsors. The winner of this prize package must be able to travel during the times specified above. Entrants can win only once. The approximate retail value of the prize package (s) is $2500.
The Sponsors reserve the right to select the panel of judges and the criteria for judging the auditions in its/their sole discretion. All results are unofficial until the winner is/are verified by the Sponsors. Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use, merchantability, or fitness for a specific purpose, and the Sponsors is/are not responsible for defective prizes. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize in their sole discretion without an on-air or off-air announcement, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Other terms and conditions may apply.
6. Conditions for Acceptance of the Prize(s). The winner must claim the prize package in-person at the Station, located at 338 East Main Street, Johnson City, TN 37601, during regular business hours (M-F from 8:30 AM EDT - 4:30 PM EDT). Prize package will not be mailed under any circumstances. The prize package must be claimed by Monday, May 14, 2018 by 4:30 p.m EDT or it/they will be forfeited. Winner will be required to provide a valid government-issued photo identification card and to execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity and liability release prior to receiving their prize package. The Station may require the winner’s guests, invitees, or travel companions to sign liability releases prior to receiving the prize. All unclaimed or rejected prizes will be forfeited. Failure by the winner to respond to the Station’s messages, calls, e-mails or other notification will lead to forfeiture of the prize package. Failure to completely fill out and sign all waivers, releases, or forms requested by the Station will result in forfeiture of the prize package. The Station then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to another winner using the method described above. A winner who forfeits any prize is not eligible to win another contest conducted by the Station for thirty (30) days. If this contest is open to entrants under the age of 18, a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian will be required to claim the prize package and execute all releases on behalf of the minor. If a prize winner is a minor, that winner’s travel companion must be his/her parent or legal guardian.
Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner and the winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent from the Sponsors. The Sponsors will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner is/are required to fill out any tax forms requested by the Sponsors in order to receive their prize package.
Unless otherwise stated above, the Winner will be solely responsible for any and all license and registration fees, accommodations, transportation costs, gratuities and all other items of an incidental nature. All expenses on receipt and use of prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner, the Sponsors are not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received. The Sponsors are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are delayed or canceled. All delays and cancellations are deemed beyond the control of the Sponsors. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, game cancellations and delays, as well as all acts of nature. The Sponsors are not responsible for any expenses incurred by Contest winners as a result of such delays or cancellations. Sponsors will not be responsible for failure to supply the prizes by reason of any force majeure events, such as acts of God, war, terrorist attacks, unusually severe weather, labor strikes, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors.
By accepting the prize, the winner or winners (or, in the case of a minor, their parent/legal guardian) agree to have their name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and entry materials used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and in any media whatsoever, including the Station and on http://www.wjhl.com, for any purpose whatsoever, worldwide, in perpetuity, without any further authorization or compensation to the entrant.
Grand Prize winner and guest will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release releasing AIP, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., Impact Marketing & Promotions, Inc., NEG Operations Inc., and all majority owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited and 19 TV Limited), Telescope, Inc., WJHL-TV, LLC, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, licensees and assignees of each. (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing a Prize Release, the Grand Prize winner accepts the Grand Prize, and even if the Grand Prize winner does not use the Grand Prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes. The Grand Prize winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 2 of these Official Rules.
All audience members must be at least 8 years old to attend a taping of American Idol.
In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, this prize component may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefor. All other prize elements will still be awarded. American Idol tickets have no retail value.
7. Limitation on Liability. Sponsors disclaim all liabilities to the winner with respect to receipt and use of the prize package. Winners and their guests or travel companions, by acceptance of their prize package, agree to release and hold the Sponsors and their affiliated companies, their advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, fines, and costs of any kind whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which may be sustained directly or indirectly to persons or property in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any Contest- or prize-related activity.
8. Reservation of Rights. Sponsors reserve the right to make changes to these Official Rules in their sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or terminate this Contest for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsors. Any such changes or termination will be announced on www.wate.com. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to prosecute or seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Contact Information. For questions or more information about this Contest, please contact WJHL at 338 East Main Street, Johnson City, TN 37601. For a copy of these rules, addendum, and/or list of winners please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WJHL within sixty (60) days of the end of this Contest.
Dean and Fitzhugh answered questions about Tennessee’s education and healthcare issues, along with local and candidate-specific topics.Read More »
The live debate will be televised on Sunday, July 22 at 8 p.m. Eastern/7 p.m. Central on Nexstar stations and their broadcast partners across TennesseeRead More »
Two fatal train accidents in Johnson City this year alone are prompting growing concerns about railroad safety. Questions from viewers contributed to an investigation to determine just how fast trains are traveling, particularly through downtown Johnson City.Read More »
Smart devices are transforming the world of technology, daily tasks like making a grocery list and turning off the lights are now effortless.Read More »
A Johnson City woman's experience with Mountain Home VA raises more questions about a Veterans Affairs program already under scrutiny.Read More »
Plans for a Hilton Hotel at The Falls development in Bristol, Virginia have stalled That's news coming from city leaders who first announced the project 2 years ago.Read More »
A Carter County Sheriff's Office deputy is on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation into alleged misconduct.Read More »