Diabetes-friendly, heart-healthy, naturally gluten-free!
Serves 2, can be doubled or more!
Serving Size: 3 Pancakes
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ c skim milk
- ½ plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ c cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tb Stevia or granulated sweetener of choice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Topping: 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream
1. Place oats in a high powered blender or food processor and process until ground into flour.
2. In a large bowl, stir together oats and milk. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes to thicken.
3. Add Greek yogurt, cocoa, egg, vanilla, sweetener, and salt. Stir well until thoroughly mixed. Stir in baking powder.
4. Using a ¼ c measure, spoon batter onto a greased skillet over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface of the batter. Flip, and cook 1-2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Top with whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Nutrition analysis is for half of pancake recipe (3 pancakes as measured) and 1/2 c sliced berries with 2 Tb whipped cream.
Can be cooked, cooled and frozen for a fast and healthy breakfast. Freeze pancakes single layer, once frozen solid store in ziplock back for up to 3 months.