SEVIER COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — On Friday evening, Sevier County officials announced they would extend the county mask mandate through November 30.
“After consultation with city and county leaders, health officials, local businesses, and tourism officials, Sevier County Mayor Larry Waters has extended the mask mandate for Sevier County through November 30, pending the governor’s extension via executive order.”Perrin Anderson – Assistant County Mayor for Governmental Affairs
Sevier County says that the mandate is intended to help slow the spread of COVID-19, reduce hospitalizations, and to protect the health of residents, employees, and visitors of the county.
- ‘We will not quit’ Summer Wells search teams continue even as members face exhaustion
- Today’s ask the Storm Team Question: “What’s the difference between heat lightning and normal lightning?”.
- Partly cloudy overnight with a mix of sun and clouds Friday – Staying warm
- Last Chance! Strawberry Full Moon tonight marks last Supermoon of 2021
- Florida building collapse survivor search continues into the night