KINGSPORT, Tenn. — Due to the continuing increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in and around the region, Eastman is asking its employees and surrounding communities to be the example of actions that must be taken to stop the spread of COVID-19.
The company issued the following press release, encouraging people to use healthy practices.
“We are asking everyone in our communities to be a leader in demonstrating that social distancing is absolutely critical if we want to come out of this situation quicker by slowing the spread of the virus in our communities,” said Mark Cox, Senior Vice President, Chief Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Engineering Officer.
Eastman is asking everyone to follow social distancing guidelines both at work and outside of work and encourage others to do the same.
- Stay out of public places and only go to places outside of work that are absolutely critical such as grocery pickup, pharmacy, and critical medical appointments.
- Limit your interactions outside of work with only those in your household.
- Do not attend group activities and avoid settings of more than 5 people at a time.
- Encourage your family, friends and neighbors to practice the same guidelines.
- Practice enhanced hygiene and report any signs of illness immediately.
- Take advantage of nice weather by finding an activity outside that limits interaction with groups such as taking a nice family hike or going to a remote area for a picnic.
- When possible, continue to support local businesses by ordering delivery or carry-out items.