GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – A popular trail in the Smokies will reopen Tuesday morning after the completion of a two-year reconstruction project.
The Trillium Gap Trail accesses the popular Grotto Falls and the top of Mount LeConte.
The 8-mile trail had been closed Mondays through Thursdays for much-needed rehabilitation. Improvements include enhanced trail safety and stabilizing eroding sections.
A grand reopening for the trail will be held this morning with a ribbon cutting set for 10 a.m.
- ETSU men anxious to get basketball season started on Wednesday
- First day action from Food City Thanksgiving Classic, Hardee’s Classic
- Carter County Commission appoints Patty Woodby as new mayor
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Registration continues for virtual Johnson City Turkey Trot, livestream at 8:15 am Thursday