GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – A popular trail in the Smokies will reopen Tuesday morning after the completion of a two-year reconstruction project.
The Trillium Gap Trail accesses the popular Grotto Falls and the top of Mount LeConte.
The 8-mile trail had been closed Mondays through Thursdays for much-needed rehabilitation. Improvements include enhanced trail safety and stabilizing eroding sections.
A grand reopening for the trail will be held this morning with a ribbon cutting set for 10 a.m.
- Larson excited about ‘unique’ opportunity at BMS’s World of Outlaws races
- Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett chalk up district wins on the pitch
- PREVIEW: Kids at Bays event to kick off Saturday
- Daniel Boone splits series with David Crockett while Science Hill, Hampton complete sweeps
- ‘If there is ever a night where the country should be at peace it should be tonight’; Tri-Cities activists react to Chauvin verdict