By Heather Provencher
Warm weather means the threat of the rabies virus for pets. Protect your loved ones- your family and your pets- by getting your pet vaccinated at an area Rabies Clinic.
While the vaccinations normally cost $15, area clinics offer protection against rabies for less. Clinics offer the shot at a cost of $8 - $10. Find a clinic near you from the list below.
*NEW* Greene County Rabies Clinics
All clinics are being held today, Tuesday, May 8 at 6 p.m. Cost is $9 for a one year vaccination and $12 for a three-year vaccination.
- Caney Branch Fire Department
- Greystone Ruritan
- McDonald Elementary School
- South Greene High School
- Baileyton Elementary School
- Humane Society Shelter
- Glenwood Elementary School
Sullivan County Rabies Clinics Cost: $10
All clinics will be held on Thursday, May 3, 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- Animal Medical Clinic, 2012 West State Street
- Ferguson Veterinary Hospital, 636 Anderson Street
- Jones Animal Hospital, 603 Volunteer Parkway
- Central High School, 131 Shipley Ferry Road
- Woodfield Animal Clinic, 2699 Island Road
- TriCounty Veterinary, 4389 Highway 11E
- Appalachian Animal Hospital, 5462 Highway 11E
- Sullivan Middle School, 4145 South Wilcox Drive
- Andes-Straley Veterinary Hospital, 3407 Memorial Boulevard
- Colonial Heights Animal Hospital, 209 Colonial Heights Road
- Indian Ridge Animal Hospital, 1100 Indian Trail Drive
Carter County Rabies Clinics Cost: $10
- May 3: Sycamore Shoals Animal Hospital parking lot, 6-6:30 p.m.
- May 5: Hunter Elementary School, 1 p.m., Hampton Elementary School, 3 p.m., Elizabethton Veterinary Clinic parking lot 1-3 p.m.
- May 10: Sycamore Shoals Animal Hospital parking lot, 6-6:30 p.m.
- May 10-11: Roan Mountain Animal Hospital parking lot 8 a.m.-6 p.m. by appointment only, call 772-4124.
- May 12: Roan Mountain Animal Hospital parking lot 8 a.m.-noon by appointment only, call 772-4124.
- May 19: Pinecrest Animal Hospital, 12:30-3 p.m., Elizabethton Veterinary Clinic parking lot, 1-3 p.m.
Unicoi County Rabies Clinics Cost $8
- May 5: Fishery Park, 10 a.m.-noon.
- May 19: Limestone Cove Community Center, 10 a.m.-noon.
- June 2: Fishery Park, 10 a.m.-noon.